Case Study – Marathon Gabon LDC
Marathon Gabon LDC exploited the Tchatamba Reservoirs in the Kowe Exploration Permit, offshore Gabon, in two phases:
- Platform A (MOPU), a converted three-legged jack-up drilling rig, the development hub. Wells drilled into the Tchatamba Marin Reservoir.
- Platform B (T-South), a normally unmanned minimum well structure platform. Wells drilled into the Tchatamba South (Madiela) and (Cap Lopez) Reservoirs.
- Oil exported from the MOPU to a dedicated FPSO moored nearby and offloaded to shuttle tankers.
- Platform A (MOPU), modified and extended. FPSO removed and oil export pipeline to shore laid. MOL pumps installed on MOPU.
- Platform B (T-South), modified and extended. New well drilled into Tchatamba South (Azile) Reservoir – sour with H2S. New sweet and sour crude processing streams installed to remove H2S. H2S incinerated on Platform B.
- Platform C (T-West), a normally unmanned minimum well structure platform. Wells drilled into the Tchatamba West Reservoir.
For Phase I of the Project, Orchid undertook to supply the following:
- A combined Training and Operations Manual for Platform A (MOPU) and Platform B (T-South)
- System based Lecture Notes and OHP slides
- A location specific computer based training system for the Marathon Gabon Permit to Work System – with student tracking database.
For Phase II of the Project, Orchid undertook to supply the following:
- A revised and reformatted Phase I Training and Operations Manual, now in two parts; Volume 1 – Platform A (MOPU), and Volume 2 – Platform B (T-South) and Platform C (T-West)
- New two part Manual produced and printed in both English and French
- A revised set of the Phase I Lecture Notes and OHP slides
- New Lecture Notes and OHP slides to cover the new systems.
For the Training and Operations Manual Orchid’s experienced documentation engineers authored complete sections from supplied design and vendor documents. All new illustrations were produced, necessitating Orchid allocating a unique number to every manual valve in every system so that this could be shown on the system flow diagrams and referenced in the accompanying text.
The Training and Operations Manual was delivered as a printed paper manual.
Lecture Notes and OHP slides were based on the content of the Training and Operations Manual. These were delivered as printed pages with accompanying slides printed on transparencies, all bound together in ring binders in the correct order, making it easier for lectures to be presented multiple times to small groups of learners.
A CBT system was selected for the Permit to Work System training as this enables all personnel new to the platforms to access and complete the course at their own pace, within their working shift patterns. The tracking system enables the system administrator to allocate each member of personnel a unique identification and access code via which their progress through the system and assessment scores could be monitored.
Of interest to you?
If you are interested in this Case Study and would like to discuss your own requirements or documentation issues, then contact Orchid Information Systems Limited. Our experienced team will be able to discuss your requirements and present a solution to your documentation needs.
Call Orchid on +44 1763 244007, or visit our
Website at www.orchidinfo.co.uk