Online Help and Information Systems
Orchid provides information systems that facilitate fast and efficient access to information without the need to distribute printed material.
Online help and information systems are used extensively by organisations around the world. Information is accessible in a variety of ways that include the Internet, Intranet, Extranet or Interactive Electronic Training Manuals (IETM) on CD or DVD.
At Orchid, we create online help and information systems that enable our clients to keep their customers informed.
We believe that good online help systems require good design. At Orchid, we have good designers who consider the content, format, presentation, navigation, and access methods. They have the necessary experience and skills to analyse user needs, design the information and visual schemas, write the help text, index the content, and finally test. Where appropriate, we can include graphics, diagrams, screen shots and photographs. If necessary, we can include animations or embedded media.
At Orchid, we can create help files to support:
- corporate client-server database applications
- standalone user guides
- e-documentation – from cellular telephones to oil tankers
Benefits of Online Help and Information Systems
Online help systems are increasingly replacing paper based documentation because they offer the following benefits:
- always available and guaranteed to be the latest version
- quick access to the help topic and cross references
- reduced maintenance costs
- reduced distribution costs
- environmentally friendly (eliminates paper processes and storage)
- easy to edit/update
- full search functionality making information easy to find
Types of Online Help Formats
Online help and information systems can be installed on a personal computer or on the company network. We can deliver online help in a variety of formats including: